About Me

My photo
NYC, NY, United States
I am a married mother of two, living in NYC. I began writing in elementary school, and I quickly fell in love with storytelling and since then, I have made it my dream to create stories that everyone can enjoy. I have written many short stories and poems since childhood and I always have another manuscript in the works. I have always enjoyed writing but my greatest pastime is reading. You can often catch me at any given time with a new book at hand. You can find my books online @ Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Preview of Sweet Susan (Not yet published)


...Oh God ... Jon. I’m so sorry. He thought with tears streaming down his face as he looked at himself in the mirror. How could he? He heard a soft knock and he snapped his eyes to the door

“Drew ... are you okay?”

He turned back to the mirror and saw his own red rimmed eyes and turned on the faucet to splash water on his face. “Yeah,” he voice broke slightly. So he cleared his throat and tried again. “Yeah ... sorry give me a minute.”

“Can you open the door?”

He just stared at the door and shook his head.

“Please Drew open the door. It’s okay.”

His hand moved to the door but he didn’t turn it. His tears started to fall again. But his chest didn’t feel tight anymore. He thought maybe it was her voice.

“Baby please open the door ... please?” She said softly.

He gasped at the baby part, and rested his head on the door, for a moment before opening the door.

She was crying. Damnit, he made her cry. He was such an asshole. “Please don’t cry ...” and then she leaned up and kissed his lips again and his eyes closed and his breathe left him and he felt pain behind his yes begin to fade.

She pulled back and leaned her cheek on his shoulder and pulled him closer.

“I hurt too Drew.”

“I’m so sorry.”

“It’s not you.”

“Will you tell me?”

“Not now, but ... I’d like too.”

“Okay.” He said stoking her back softly.

She pulled back and looked at him again. “I don’t want to hurt right now.” He could only look in her eyes, and let her see the heat there. “Can we do that? Can we maybe, not hurt ... together.” He could only nod as she kissed him again.

And then he picked her up and pressed her body against his and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he left the bathroom and headed for the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment