About Me

My photo
NYC, NY, United States
I am a married mother of two, living in NYC. I began writing in elementary school, and I quickly fell in love with storytelling and since then, I have made it my dream to create stories that everyone can enjoy. I have written many short stories and poems since childhood and I always have another manuscript in the works. I have always enjoyed writing but my greatest pastime is reading. You can often catch me at any given time with a new book at hand. You can find my books online @ Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Shattered


The tears come unannounced, unwelcomed
Feelings of anger and shame surging through me
Like an unruly intruder refusing to leave

The clouds roll in suddenly and the skies open up
All that I was or rather who I was supposed to be
Shattered ... torn apart by violent winds.
This ominous cyclone tore through my soul
and destroyed all innocence and beauty

All that remains is this unrecognizable shell
That has been condemned.

I tread lightly between its remaining walls.
Afraid it might collapse.
I stand guard, slowly clearing debris
and watching over the remnants of this once beautiful thing.
Hoping one day it will be whole again

No comments:

Post a Comment